Wednesday, December 19, 2012

fun with alcohol [ink]

So, I haven't posted a project in a while...because I haven't done any. But, it's Christmastime, and I can't go through the season without doing a craft or two. I found a super easy and fun project! And there's so much room for experimenting, I almost can't handle it. I want to run out right now and get more supplies, but I'm in sweatpants...and it's cold.

So, I made some coasters out of tile and alcohol ink. I love the way these look. It's similar to batik, which I also love to do. It's as simple as dropping some ink onto the tile, or onto the applicator, and stamping it until you like what you see. Then add some blending solution and stamp around until you like what you see some more. Don't like what you see? Too bad...just kidding. It was pretty easy to just wipe off with a damp paper towel (pretty soon, they dry fast). Or, just keep stamping and swirling, and layering...eventually you'll get a look you like. I'll probably attach felt to the bottoms, or maybe cork. I will definitely experimenting with mixed media later on.

So...here are some photos. (sorry they kind of suck)

the supplies

a set of four that I wanted to match

some others

I tried stamping some words...i like it!

that's it. have a nice day!


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments: